Friday, June 15, 2012

UPD8Z

  • I have been working a 9 to 5 job for exactly a week and I've realized how much it sucks. The job itself and the people there are fun but traffic going to Irvine from 7 to 9 am and traffic leaving Irvine from 4 to 7 pm sucks. Seriously. I also feel like I've just learned a lot about life at this job though. Like seriously, how lucky am I that my primary job is to be a STUDENT. I don't have to worry about being in the real world and having things like rent, debt, and daily life expenses to worry about. I am seriously so blessed that I have the opportunity to place all my soul, energy, and time to what? Learn! That's amazing. I absolutely love my job as a student. I don't have to get a job somewhere and worry about making money to support myself. I am so incredibly blessed to have parents who are so willing to support me and made my education a priority.
  • Business is scary.
  • Again, I'm so lucky because I don't have to work this 9 to 5 job... I actually was just covering for my friend who had to leave her job for a week. I think it'll be really fun to work with one of my best friends for a week though hehe. But yeah, it's just awesome that my parents haven't forced me to keep the job and actually have told me to quit the job once summer school starts. They really want the best for me and they want me to put school first... funny how I never realized that until now.
  • I really admire who can balance school and a job to support themselves though... I'm so tired from working 8-9 hours and then driving back and forth for 2 hours.
  • Loving what you do is a must. I really hope I won't settle into a career that I can't enjoy just because I need money...
  • Real life is scary. So many documents that mean so many different things... Can they teach people about real life in school or something?
  • I got into my first actual car accident yesterday... I was driving from work in Irvine to tutor a girl in Irvine. While on the 405, I got rear-ended. Thank God that there was traffic (who would've thought I would be praising God for that?!) and we were only going 5 MPH. Unfortunately, I was driving the car my parents leased for me. And I'm an idiot and did not write down her insurance information. Because I trusted that she was a good egg and would call me back and not leave me hanging. At first I felt a little let down by humanity because it made me feel like there weren't a whole lot of good people out there, but I think my mom's right. The girl who hit me probably isn't a bad person and truly did feel bad at that moment, but later realized that she could get away with it. Oh well, at least I have the license plate number...
  • Intelligence, knowledge, and the desire to learn is very attractive to me.

2 comments:

  1. I intern 9 to 5. Mon-Fri. Feel for me, Sarah D: Reading this... I can relate to the long hours (back and forth and AT THE JOB) and I feel the same way about life out there. It's frightening. I'm actually trying to find a job. HAHA. But... I'm 17. No one wants me. WAHH. Dude, I hope you're okay now... Stay at home and don't go out, SALAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that sounds awful... but the way you put it makes me feel grateful to be a student too! Sounds like a good experience Sarah! And I'm glad you're all right after your 1st car accident. Could have gone worse huh? Haha, if those are very attractive traits, you yourself are pretty attractive. I'm excited for what will come for you! God knows you so I count on you getting swept up in something amazing years down the line. Reading your replies and blog posts makes me better appreciate Blogger, because it's a nice and relaxed way to stay connected. I really love your writing. I think I only write with pent-up passion all at once. Your writing is more like a steady and clear stream, very honest and pleasant. Anyways till next time!

    ReplyDelete