Thursday, April 19, 2012

interconnected

"It's more a feeling of the ways in which people can hurt you. They aren't always apparent, but the potential for people hurting you is always there - just in the nature of people dealing with each other, and the presence of more than two people in one place at the same time.
It's something I'm trying to see my way out of somehow. It strikes me as a severely limited framework for dealing with society and dealing with people. It ties your feet before you take your first step... The world is made up of people, and along the way it's made of machines, and streets and roads and cars, and trees and grass, but essentially it's made up of people. And if you don't deal with people, then you're not really living in the real world somehow. So it's kind of a knot. But, personally, I'm ready to say, 'Well, I learned my lesson. People live through hellish experiences all the time, and if there's any lesson to learn, I think it's that people shouldn't be hellish to people. And that the ways in which you oppress people and the ways you inflict pain are not always so apparent.'" (121)


--An excerpt from A Red Family by Mickey Friedman

I love when you see the exact same themes. A Red Family x Norwegian Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment