Wednesday, April 11, 2012

random

Norwegian Wood is one of the best books I have read in quite some time. Maybe that's just because I haven't read for leisure/pure interest.... in too long. It's a book that makes the reader squirm with discomfort and smile from the ability to relate. Most notably, whenever I put the book down, I'm left with a sense of loss and sadness.

It's strange to see yourself growing up and realizing little by little, the reality of life. I'm definitely not claiming to be some wise, old woman, but perhaps just a little bit wiser than I was 8 months ago.

I've realized that people are the only things worth investment. Yes, they are potentials for disappointment and brokenness, but without them, life would be so much bleaker and lonely. It is such a blessing to realize how much certain people truly care about and love you. I don't need the whole world to love or accept me when I have those very few people who truly know me and still want to be with me.

Love is selfless. When I get frustrated, believing that people are always trying to use me, I need to remember that love should be completely beyond my own self as an individual.

This is the first week in college that I haven't had a test or paper... Praise the Lord for the much needed rest, but I also pray that I would continue to have diligence and not get lazy from a week of relaxation.

I need a wider perspective. I don't just want to see the here and now, but the there and then.

2 comments:

  1. definitely agree by reading for leisure...it's happening less and less :(

    and i agree with this line:
    I don't need the whole world to love or accept me when I have those very few people who truly know me and still want to be with me.

    hope you're doing well sarah! take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's strange to see yourself growing up and realizing little by little, the reality of life. I'm definitely not claiming to be some wise, old woman, but perhaps just a little bit wiser than I was 8 months ago."

    Yeah, I feel the same. It's good to read about how you're doing and looking at things. I'm also reading that book! Looking forward to the posts to come.

    ReplyDelete