Friday, April 2, 2010

Fridays.

I finally watched "An Education" today.
Idk, I felt like I couldn't really enjoy the movie in its entirety... maybe I was too tired/there were too many people/too much talking... IDK! but it was still pretty good.


Even though I think people were creeped out by the fact that Jenny falls for an older guy and think that she's stupid for dropping out of school just for him... I think it's totally possible.
The old guy was so smooth, and he knew exactly how to handle Jenny and her parents to get what he wanted.
And honestly, if a rich, attractive man asked me to marry him, I can't say that I would have a reaction must different than Jenny's.

Luckily, I would never fall as hard as Jenny did because... well, my parents are Asian and would never allow me just stop trying at school. :) SO THAT'S ANOTHER THING I LEARNED. Asian parents are a blessing because they would never allow me to be less than my potential just because a rich guy wants to marry me.

Sure, the ending WAS a little abrupt, but I think the point it makes is that an education is not necessarily just what we learn at school, but what we learn from life experiences. As much as we learn at school, school can't teach us who to love, who to trust, how to see through people's lies, how to fall in love, how to enjoy fine art or music, how to develop a personal sense of style, or how to simply live.


By the way, Carey Mulligan is my girlfriend.



Look at that smile! That dimple! Her eyes! That hair! I'm in love... :)

On a completely different note,
I've gone back to my Daphne Loves Derby phase... from junior high school when Kenny Choi was my crush because 1. he was Korean and 2. he could sing such beautiful lyrics.


Please
Tell me how you lift these heavy bricks
And how you built this path for me to walk on
Carve yourself in stones
With the strength of all convinced
But I know your skin
Is still as thin as mine

And what does it take to believe
In all the things you believe?
And maybe I need to listen more carefully

I finally know, how you stand
against the worst there is

You enjoy coffee and Debussy
I can't believe the calmness in your bones
After everything
And when she dreams
She sees herself in her Sunday dress
Humming simple melodies
She's known since she was only three

And what does it take to believe
In all the things you believe
And maybe I need to listen more carefully

I finally know, how you stand
against the worst there is
I finally found,
The strength you've tried to tell me about

Oh, even when the sky is crashing down
You, You locked your knees and stood up straight
You, Are the strength inside my veins
Oh, I want to feel the strength you know

And what does it take to believe
In all the things you believe
And maybe I need to listen more carefully


+Shout out to the girl who always reminds me of these lyrics. Pizookie was yummy... and our talks are always so good. :)

1 comment: