I think sometimes, the hardest but best thing you can do when you feel absolutely hopeless is to count your blessings.
Here is a list of what I have been grateful for in the past three days:
-The best best friends I could ever ask for. God, thank you so much for placing these people in my life. My faith has become so much stronger because of them. Thanks for having so patience with me, even during 20 minute long car rides to Boba Ya! when I'm blubbering my words, with tears streaming down my face. I don't think many people can put up with that.
-Boba Ya!'s $1 boba and 2 for $1 snack things. The perfect treat after a good, emotional cry.
-A new chance. A new start.
-A new opportunity for me to really strengthen my bonds with each of my family members.
-The strength that he showed when he finally opened his heart.
-The realization that bad things can only lead to good solutions.
-The hope that I have in faith.
-The newly found love I can now experience and share with others.
-The power of words - to break and to heal.
-The empathy I can now feel for others. I don't ever want to hurt people again. I never want anybody to feel the way he feels.
-New friendships!
Maybe this is just my boba and snack speaking, but I am so relaxed. Things will always be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end. I have so much hope and faith, and I know that things will turn out for the best.
I think Faulkner's writing is confusing, but I really understood this:
"It is easy enough to say that man is immortal simply because he will endure: that when the last dingdong of doom has clanged and faded from the last worthless rock hanging tideless in the last red and dying evening, that even then there will still be one more sound: that of his puny inexhaustible voice, still talking. I refuse to accept this. I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance."
OMYGOODNESS I WAS JUST GONNA POST HIS SPEECH ON MY BLOG TOO.
ReplyDeleteI still will, you idea stealer.
Anyways, no problemo for car ride sticky situations. I am prepared with my box of tissues.
Second of all, we need to have more afterschool eating adventures, i.e. shaved snow with John one of these days. I am feeling muy relaxed right now. TOO relaxed.
Third of all, I am keeping you and him in my prayers. I am excited to see God work in your lives. :]
you're the best friend anyone can ask for (: & your outlook on life is seriously so inspiring!
ReplyDeletefaulkner... haha :)
ReplyDelete