OH HO HO.
The beginning of the morning pretty much foreshadowed my failure. :(
So my dad and I got to the DMV 45 minutes before my driving test and he told me to go where it said "Driving Test" whatever.
I thought that lane where you wait for the examiner person WAS Window 35... after all, my dad would probably know better than me. He didn't.
So we basically waited for 45 minutes in that line to get tested and when we reached the front, none other than the infamous Oscar walks up to my car and asks for the paperwork. That I didn't have. Because I never went to Window 35. Which is IN THE DMV OFFICE. Oh ho ho... silly Sarah... trust what your driving instructor told you. -_-
Anyways, yeah, my dad obviously had less of an idea of what I was supposed to do than I did... and he didn't really know which insurance card he was supposed to show and all that great stuff... so I was pretty stressed out even before the test. (WHICH I MEAN, OBVIOUSLY, IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN'T PASS... just kidding... but not really...)
Then, I go back in line, pleading to God that I wouldn't get Oscar as my actual examiner forrealsies this time... but lo and behold, who else do I get but Oscar. I guess fate was against me and JUST REALLY WANTED ME TO HAVE OSCAR AS MY EXAMINER.
AAAAANYWAYS, everything was going just peachy, residential blah, parking blah, and then I was at this intersection, about to make a right turn, when two cars were going down the street I was going to make a right turn on to. I let the first one pass because he was going straight but then I saw the second car put on its left turn signal so I thought that meant I could go and make a right turn. But apparently, I should have waited. And Oscar yelled at me to stop. Twice. He claimed that the car didn't turn on its left turn signal until after he yelled stop.... but umm, TRUST ME. I'M NOT THAT STUPID TO IGNORE A CAR IF IT WAS JUST GOING TO GO STRAIGHT. Well I guess I am... because I shouldn't have made that turn anyways... SIIIIIIIGH. FIIIIINE.
And then, as a cherry on top, we were driving back to the DMV (well at this point I was pretty sure I failed anyways, because him yelling = intervention by examiner) and then we were on Valencia and there was an SUV on the right side of the road near the curb that was readjusting itself or something and I guess I was supposed to stop... but I didn't. So if that SUV hadn't stopped, Oscar told me he would have had to take the wheel from me.
Can I just blame the fact that I didn't pass my driving test on the fact that I had Oscar... twice... so he already had the idea that I was really stupid for not going to Window 35 first?
I MEAN C'MON, IF NOT FOR A CRITICAL DRIVING ERROR, I WOULD HAVE PASSED WITH 5 ERRORS.
Let's just forget that "Intervention by Examiner".... I WOULD HAVE PASSED. WITH 5 ERRORS. -_-
It's okay... next time, I'll be a more careful driver and let all cars in a half mile radius pass before I make any turns and I'll be extra extra careful when there are moving vehicles on the side of the road. :)
Hehehe, hi Sarah. You better pass next time! I will cheer for you :]
ReplyDelete