I can't believe it's almost the end of the semester... finals start this Thursday and I literally haven't updated this blog for four months. I thought I would keep up this blog because I wanted to keep track of my own progress as an individual, but I guess that hasn't really happened. It's scary and exciting to feel yourself change. It was definitely strange to come home for Thanksgiving break because it feels like you are going back to the same place as a different person.
I wouldn't lie and say I've been completely happy all semester... There have definitely been times where I felt alone and overwhelmed with everything. However, I feel genuinely at peace now and I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life. It's strange to know that things will never be the same though. My friendships with everyone who has/had a Blogger are so different now because we'll never be able to talk about what we used to like other people, classes, homework, and school. Well I guess we can, but it's just harder to relate because we don't go to the same schools anymore. I really have accepted this though and it's (once again) both scary and exciting to realize that our lives go on.
There really is too much to say in a single blog post... and four months really couldn't be summarized by an array of words on the Internet. I'm still naive little Sarah, perhaps a little more adventurous in some ways, but definitely still scared of many of the same things. Am I having the "typical" college experience? Probably not, in some ways, yes, but not in many many other ways. It doesn't matter though because I'm really happy how things have turned out at Oxford.
Sorry for all the vagueness. I could lie and say that I would go into specifics later, but I don't think I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment