I can't believe that it's been (almost) exactly one year ago since I flew to Georgia on a red-eye flight and went through orientation.
I can't believe that tomorrow morning, I will be a PAL - guiding students through orientation, being their first real encounter with students at Oxford, and whole-heartedly loving each and every one of them (hopefully!).
I can't believe how much things have changed within this past year... some things for the better, others for the worse. But either way, I'm seeing that I'm just continuing to develop as a person.
I also have a new goal of saying hi to every freshman that I make eye contact with during orientation... Hopefully I can extend this goal to saying hi to everyone who I make eye contact with on campus instead of just giving one of my awkward half smiles.
I have honestly loved spending time with 24 other great PALs... I didn't know the great majority of them, or if I did, I really just knew their names. Anyways, they are amazing, fun, and kind people... I am so grateful for PAL training and the start of a new school year!
College is really a time for stepping out of one's comfort zone. I'll be participating in a play/skit put on by all the PALs for the freshmen... who would've guessed?!
I'll end with this quote that was on Matt's t-shirt (It's actually a quote from Kurt Vonnegut):
"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."
No comments:
Post a Comment