Monday, March 30, 2009

Disappointment/optimism

So today, I found out that I didn't make the cut for Oracle.
After school, I saw Brandon and he asked if I got a notice from Oracle, and I hadn't, so I pretty much knew then.
Later, Brandon calls me telling me what the notice was about, basically confirming what I had thought.
Idk, I'm not gonna lie, I am a little disappointed.
But Brandon, I really hope you make it because I know that you deserve the spot!
And, I know that my digital pictures probably were not as good as yours.
So good luck! You better make it. :D

Now that I'm for sure not on Oracle, I'll try out for Yearbook.
I mean, Yearbook is what I originally wanted to do in the first place, before Josephine encouraged me to try out for Oracle. (:
I'm really not bitter about not making Oracle though, like, just hearing everyone's positive feedback for my film pictures made the bit of disappointment worthwhile (:
Hopefully, I get into Yearbook though! :D Someone try out with me!


So my Spanish grade surely dropped because I got an 82 on the last quiz... which I guess was okay 'cause Senora Menna wrote "Muy Bien!" on it.. but it's still gonna drop my grade. ):
All I'm trying to do is get through this week though.
Honestly, this wasn't a great start to my week, but at least there's reassurance knowing that it's spring break next week, right? (:

So far here's what I have planned for spring break:
_Visit UCLA & UCSD
_Santa Monica?
_Beach party! :D
_Study for all tests after spring break
_Help with Prom Project?

Yeeeeeeeah, s'all.
I reeeeeeeeeeeally wanna go to the beach though. So I'm hoping I get to do that for sure.
Anyways, I should stop wasting my time posting blog entires.

3 comments:

  1. hey sarahbarahbanana.

    oh wait banana doesnt rhyme xX

    IM TRYING OUT FOR YEARBOOK TOO! :D WOOHOO (((:

    And dude i want to do some college touring this spring break too! and go to the beach! :DD

    don't worry 'bout spanish. i got a 79% with no "muy bien" -__- menna was just like "RICKY! uhh bieen~ ehh" hahaha she totally hates my guts

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude
    prom project for sure
    and im sorry about oracle
    but on the bright side
    i was talking to ros and pino today
    who are pr editors for yearbook next year
    and they plan all the events and stuff
    and they want to do a lot of oracle/ilium getaways
    :]
    so we'll still be ablet o hang out

    ReplyDelete
  3. nav told me yearbook needed portraiture photogs which im ABSOLUTELY positive you would be awesome at, so im PAHSITIVE your gonna make yearbook, especially with those enlargements yo

    ReplyDelete