the little horse is newlY
by e.e. cummings
the little horse is
newlYBorn)he knows nothing,and
feels
everything; all around whom
isperfectly a strange
ness( Of sun
light and of fragrance and
ofSinging)is ev
erywhere( a welcom
ing dream:is amazing)
a worlD. and inthis world lies:smoothbeautifuL
ly folded;a(brea
thing a groWing)silence,who;
is:somEoNe.
Maybe people feel much more than they know. Although knowledge must be learned, emotions can be interpreted. Maybe life is beautiful, but it just takes a young eye and mind to realize it. Maybe we are all just breathing, growing, living to become someone of significance.
Who knows? :)
Ow, I just sneezed.
So last night, I was closing my curtains, and I found a spider crawling on it. So I'm a major baby when it comes to spiders but I decided that I would kill it. Well, I stare at it for another minute or two and then go to the bathroom to get toilet paper so that I can smoosh the spider. (Is smoosh a word? Why does it look so funny? How is a nonexistent word in my vocabulary..?!) But then, after I get the toilet paper, I realize that I can get my handy dandy brother to kill the spider for me! So I go to his room and ask him to kill it for me. After some complaining and general muttering, he goes with me into my room and looks at the curtain. BUT THEN WE CAN'T FIND THE SPIDER! ):< IT ESCAPED. So then he mumbles some more about how there is no spider to kill and how he does not like spiders either. I am then left alone in my room. With a spider still roaming about amidst my curtain. -__________- WHYYYYYYYY?! I don't like spiders.
Will someone please find it and kill it? -_-
Goodness. It was hard to fall asleep last night.
Anyways, today I went to a nursing home to fill out a volunteer application. I was talking to my mom about how she used to work in a nursing home and like what nursing homes are and stuff.
It sounds so depressing... like my mom said the place she worked was basically just a place where old people were taken care of until they died. I mean, if I were an old person living in a nursing home, I really wouldn't see the purpose of living. So basically, all they do in there is like... sleep or watch TV... and eat. Idk, that sounds so horrible to me. Life should be about living, not slowly decaying, being a vegetable, or not having a purpose.
Well, hopefully not all nursing homes are so depressing, right? :/
Sorry that this post was so long!
Thanks if you read it all. :)
Btw, I'll be gone for a leadership program thing @ Claremont McKenna starting Saturday until Thursday. So unless I post something tomorrow, which I kinda doubt I will, you won't be hearing from me until Thursday. :)
I will be reading The Great Gatsby tomorrow though!
Maybe I'll find some interesting quotes in there too.
Until Thursday...
<3
great gatsby is amaaazing!! fitzgerald is one of my favorite authors, you'll love him. there are a TON of great quotes you'll find
ReplyDelete&have fun at camp!
i killed the spider for you
ReplyDeletejust now.
mindblasted that suckah.