Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 3 — Your parents

Out of everyone in this entire world, you two love me the most. Thank you for dealing with me, even when I'm being a hormonal, insensitive, and whiny teenager. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for not wanting me any other way, even though I'm not perfect. Thank you for the rides, the genuine caring, and the understanding.

I'm sorry that sometimes I just choose to shut you out of my life. But I'm also so grateful that sometimes, you just know that there is nothing you can do. You know when to leave me alone and I appreciate that.

Thank you for building my character... or at least the very foundations of it. I could not be the person I am today if not for you two... both literally and figuratively. Almost everything I know about how to treat others and myself is from you. So thank you.

Thank you for listening to me complain about grades and never expecting too much out of me. In a good way. I love how you are not the "typical" Asian parents. I love how you know grades or college is not everything. So thank you for being so smart. Thank you for believing in me, even when I don't believe in myself. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment