Yesterday we had our Yearbook banquet... at the beach. So it was actually more of a beach bonfire, I guess.
I think that's when it really hit me that the seniors are leaving.
I kept thinking about how awkward our Yearbook beach bonfire would have been at the beginning of the year, when none of the newbies knew each other, when the newbies and seniors didn't really know each other either.
I remember at the beginning of the year, I didn't believe that I would ever consider Yearbook to be my family... but after everything that we have been through, after the beautiful book that we all chipped in to build... how could I not consider these amazing people my family?
I can't imagine Yearbook without the seniors. Because next year, I can't believe that I will be a senior. There will be someone else who will feel how I felt at the beginning of the year. And next year, when I graduate, I can't even imagine leaving all the underclassmen. Life really is just a cycle.
Where has this year gone?
Where has my high school career gone?
I know there have been times, especially this year, when school could not go any slower. When I could not wait for school to end. When I just wanted to give up so badly because school SUCKED.
But I guess now, with graduation so close... I'm a little scared.
I guess sometimes, we all just get so caught up in the immediate present, that we don't look at the bigger picture. One year out of our entire lives is not that long.
I keep telling myself this, but I just need to slow down, slow down, slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment