Saturday, February 28, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I watched it today!
Idk, maybe it was cause of the whole "Best Picture" hype, but I didn't think it was THAT amazing.
I mean, I still liked it, but... I guess I just had really high expectations for it.
I STILL THINK FREIDA PINTO IS GORGEOUS THOUGH.
And Dev Patel IS really, really adorable (:
I wish I had a guy like him...


ANYWAYS, yesterday was amazingly fun!
Got to help out at a Chocolate Fantasy fundraiser for NOW club. :D
Ate tons and tons of chocolate. Chocolate covered cream puffs are amazing!
Took creepy pictures.
Idk, I just had a blaaaast. (To the past). Idk, it rhymed!

I'M SO BEHIND ON HOMEWORK.
I usually finish most of it on Saturday... but I watched Slumdog Millionaire instead. 'Cause my parents really wanted to. And I did too, except this weekend was just not the right time...
Oh well, I'll manage. (:


It was really weird.
'Cause my parents made me and my brother pull weeds from our garden this morning. (further contributing to the delay of my schedule)
And I randomly remembered how one time I saw my dad cry.
And thinking back on that event, that's the only time I've ever seen him cry.
Like, even at funerals, he's not the one who shows a lot of emotion.
It's really weird though.
'Cause basically, I used to have to ask before I could use the computer.
And like one time, I did. But I didn't go on it 'cause I thought my dad seemed pissed so I just didn't wanna bother him more by going on the computer.
So he comes out of the garage and sees me reading or something not computer related.
And he asks me why I'm not on the computer if I already asked him if I could use the computer.
And I told him that he seemed so stressed and unhappy that I didn't wanna bother him.
And he started to cry.
And so he took me on a walk, just the two of us.
I remember how he held my hand and told me not to worry.
I don't know... isn't it so strange how we remember the most interesting moments of our lives?
There have just been so many changes in my life recently.
And I guess I can understand my dad better now.
It's scary to see the people you love change. Even if it is for the better.
I just remembered a lot of random memories about my dad today... and it's just got me thinking.






I can't believe that last paragraph was about ideas I thought of from this morning.
When my parents made me pull weeds in the garden.

4 comments:

  1. aw that story with your dad made me really happy. your dad is such a swell guy. it makes me sort of regret what i could've had with my parents, but this is no time to be feeling sorry for myself.

    at least i gots wonderful friends like you to make up for that (:

    funny how unexpected life is

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe your dad was pulling out onions and he started crying 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were such a considerate child.
    Your dad seems like a really, really nice person.


    I LOVED THIS POST !

    ReplyDelete