- Maya Angelou.
So lately, I've just been trying to find and define what makes me, me.
I know this is a lifelong quest for most people. But lately, I've really truly wondered. What makes me so different from the six billion + people who I share this world with? What am I sharing with these people that makes them stop and think "Wow, she really is unlike anyone else"? I know everyone else wants their little share of uniqueness also. But idk, I've just been feeling so utterly lost and I want to find myself.
So when I read Born Confused and it said something along the lines of "Sometimes you have to lose something if you want to find it" something just kind of struck me. Honestly, I am pretty lost. So the hardest part will be to simply find myself. I don't really have any extraordinary talent. But after reading Maya Angelou's quote, I was kind of like, hey, actually, that is kind of true.
Somehow, it's so much easier to see the talents and great qualities of other people. And I don't need or want people telling me what I'm good at. Because this is something I have realized that I need to figure out for myself. I need to see myself for who I am and embrace those qualities. Because after Friday's conversation with Josephine, I really had a sudden understanding. She told me that God is fair. In whatever quality I lack, I make up for it somewhere else. And that's true for everyone. So even if I am not physically stunning, maybe I do have a personality that makes up for it. I will firmly cling onto my belief that EVERYONE has something good about them. And I won't let their bad qualities overshadow those good qualities. I want to see people for the best they have to offer because honestly, why focus on the bad things?
I'm not sure why I wrote that really long post because it's not really for anyone. It's for me. But I guess I just needed it to be official. In text.
So I've been feeling really inspired by Maya Angelou lately. So here are some more quotes:
"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.";
Excuse the language, as I normally do not cuss. But I guess it really does make this quote so much stronger. I don't think this pertains to only girls, but maybe it does pertain a little more to them, but I feel that sometimes, people get so worn out that they kind of let life just pass them by. I'd really like to live life with passion and kick life's butt. (:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.";
If you guys read Josephine's blog then you've already seen this quote. Idk, it's one of my faaavorite quotes and something that she said totally reminded me of it and I told it to her. But how true is thaaaat?! I always forget what people say to me. And all those :O worthy actions? I forget those too. Words don't really have that much value to me anymore. People can't always be judged by their actions since everyone makes mistakes. But the way people make you feel? That's pretty irreplaceable. So when I go through my everyday life, I remember this quote. How am I making other people feel?
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.";
I complain a lot. And yeah, I should take matters into my own hands. If I can't, then I'll have to swallow my complaints and change the way I view it.
"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.";
My life goal.
"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
"The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart."
I know it's lame how I'm writing all these quotes down. But sometimes I feel like quotes can explain how I feel so much better than I ever could.
If you really read through everything, thank you. It means a lot to me that you actually care enough to take enough time out of your busy lives to read this super long post. I guess I've just been thinking about stuff like this for quite a while...
yes i do care enough to take time out of my studious life to read this super long post.
ReplyDeletei love you baby
my next blog is dedicated to you
About the words, actions, and feelings quote, what if you did an action to someone that made them feel bad ? Or made a mistake and hurt someone ? I'm really hoping that I'll be able to do something else to make up for it and leave a positive feeling, too.
ReplyDeleteHm.
BUT ANYWAYS, GREAT POST. ;)