Saturday, January 31, 2009

Something I have realized

As much as it saddens me to see you fall short of your true potential,
nothing I really do or say will change you.

You're just so smart and I know that if you applied yourself, you could really be someone important.
But I guess no matter how much I bother you to change, only you can truly change yourself.
Even if I influence you now, when you're at college, I won't be able to.
But I just hope that someday, you realize how much you are affecting me and the people who love you most.
I don't even get why you do half the things that you do, it's such a waste.

I just hope that you'll be happy in the end though. That you won't regret all the times when you could have tried harder. That you will realize that no matter how smart you are, you won't get anywhere unless you actually work hard.
The worst part is, I can't even say anything to you regarding this because I've tried.
We all have.
And you just refuse to change.
So maybe we're wrong, and you're right. I just really hope that's the case...



Just remember that I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This is not about me (obviously), but it inspired me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to guess that this is about your brother
    and if it's not
    then
    umm
    hopefully it's not me
    hahah

    ReplyDelete